We all want homes that we can be proud of, beautifully designed with exquisite pieces of furniture and accessories that manage to pull everything together perfectly.
Not everyone has the money, time, resources or the skill to get the results they want. Some people work tirelessly and spend a great deal of money to make their home the perfect show piece they have always dreamed about, while others just want a house that works for them. It doesn’t matter which category you fall into (but if you’re reading a blog about design I am guessing it is the former) your choices of paint colours and proper maintenance of your home are both going to play a part. Painting is a cheap and effective tool to give your house the makeover you want or to make it functional and relaxing.
- Show Your Personality: You don’t want to live in some bland house that looks boring. What are you into? What are you passionate about? What colour would describe your personality, I am pretty sure you’re personality isn’t beige. Before you start slapping your favorite colour on the wall, think first about what your goals are. If you plan to stay in your home long term then let your personality shine through. If the house is a short term stay and you plan to sell in the near future then strike a balance between personality and what will appeal to a potential buyer.
- Make Your Home Look New: No matter how well you maintain your home and how clean you are there will come a time when the paint looks drab and dull. Painting breathes new life into your home and conveys pride of ownership. Painting just isn’t for the living room keep the outside of your house in mind too, it will need to be repainted on a regular basis too.
- Warm and Welcoming: Does the colour of your front door make people want to come into your home? Simply changing the color of your front door can totally change the look of the exterior of your home. On top of that if you plan on selling your house a new door is one of the best returns on investment. Coordinate your door with the exterior of your but use contrasting colors to make your door pop.
- First Impressions: You get one shot at this and peeling paint isn’t going to cut it. Pay special attention to the places people come into first, your entryway or foyer, the door and of course the outside. Will you paint and paint colour make a good first impression?
- Add Colour to Door & Shutters: Your front door takes a ton of abuse, and it is going to show after a while. A fresh coat of paint can make guests feel welcome and make your house look cared for. Your shutters, can do the same thing and no they don’t have to be the same colour as the door. Personally I love bright colors rather than the tired old black or white shutters you see on every other house.
Paint is one of the lease expensive ways to give your home a new look, completely change the colour schemes and keep it looking brand new. If you are getting ready to sell your home then painting is a must.